The good comes after the bad.
I used to think I am not a stupid person.. but today it has proved me wrong. Despite the numerous hiccups, I was so determined and ended up falling into a scam. I paid few hundred dollars for a painful and angry lesson.
Losing the money isn't the most painful part. It is the fact that I was so naive and dumb to believe the scam was the heart wrenching part. I don't need another person to tell how foolish I was.. For goodness' sake, after knowing it was a scam, of course I would know how to be more careful next time.. to call or confirm with the person first.. and bla bla bla. In fact all those thoughts crossed my mind.. but only one thing didn't cross my mind: an online scam. It really didn't help when the first person I told, my better half, advised me to be smarter next time.. and didn't call me. All I needed was a comforting voice or a shoulder to cry on (which is impossible for him to do that right now..). Talk about communication! SIGH!
But.. I am so touched when few colleagues texted me after seeing my red eye.. and of course my boss who rushed over to see me after knowing I got cheated. I really couldn't help it and cried on his shoulder. I was so madddddd with myself! How can I be so stupid! That was what I told him. And he didn't condemn me but told me that everyone makes mistakes too. Another colleague who knew what was going on texted me to say she is willing to share the amount that I lost.. take if as if we bought something together, she said. Colleagues who were concerned with my red eyes. And my colleague who got hacked, she accompanied me to the police station. And my other bosses who were equally concern about how I feel rather than correcting me. For that, I am thankful.
They said there is a silver lining in every cloud. Yes perhaps you just gotta find the silver lining. I found mine today.
Comments